Know your keyboard and Learn to troubleshoot it properly. The Laptop keyboard is one of the most important accessories for a laptop or desktop.
A keyboard plays an important role in the functioning of your laptop and has to be replaced at regular intervals.
The keys on a keyboard can get loose or corroded due to constant use, which requires you to replace it with a new one from time-to-time.
Explore the Keyboard Layout
The keyboard layout is an important part of a laptop keyboard. The keyboard layout of your laptop should be easy to use and comfortable for you to type.
It also should have some features that make it easier for you to find the keys, such as arrow keys or number pads.
Why is My Laptop Keyboard not Working?
There are a few common causes of laptop keyboard not working. Some of them include:
- Malfunctioning keys,
- Broken or dislocated key clips,
- Dirty keyboard surfaces,
- Damaged keyboard, and
- Dried out keyboard cables.
Tips to Try if Your Laptop Keyboard Has Stopped Working
If your laptop keyboard has stopped working, you may be able to fix it by following one or more of the following tips:
- Checking for Windows updates, trying different keys or keys in different combinations, and testing the laptop keyboard connection.
- If your laptop keyboard has stopped working, try to restart the computer.
- If you are using a wired keyboard and it still does not work, try unplugging and re-plugging the keyboard cable into the computer.
- If you are using a wireless keyboard and it still does not work, make sure that the wireless connection is enabled and that the keyboard is in range of the computer.
- Remove the CMOS battery and replace it.
- If you have Windows OS then check for virus on your system by running anti-virus software from time to time and also update it regularly
- Try using other key board if still not working then contact with the service center for replacement in case there is any fault in the original one.
A broken keyboard can cause problems that are difficult to fix, especially if it happens while you’re trying to work on a document or perform some other task that requires input from your keyboard.
However, these several tips stated above will help you resolve the fault and to keep yourself productive when an issue with your laptop’s keyboard arises.